Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tales From the Childhood

So I was talking to my momma today. And she was going on about how she loves my blog and how I phrase things. And the random thoughts that pop into my head. Ahhh the unconditional love of a parent.
So then my mom told me I should do a post about things that happened when I was little. She threw a few memories at me and I think I will roll with them. I don't expect them to be in chronological order because really nothing about any of my posts ever are in any sort of order. And off we go.
The first real memory that comes to mind is the one that my mom always cracks up when shes telling other people. So this is for you Mom.
When we lived in Arizona there wasn't much to do cause it was a retirement town at the time really. No other kids our age were close by. No real summer programs. Nothing in all reality. But I did have my little brother. We did everything together. Played all the time. Made up crazy games and went everywhere on our bikes together. Which leads me to the story. On this particular day my brother and I had decided to ride our bikes to the library. The ONE thing we could do in that town on certain days during limited hours. So we go to the library. All in all a very boring trek there and boring till we get about a 1/2 mile from home. That's when I decided I needed a drink of water so we stopped on the road and got the thermos out that we always took filled with water. First before I go any further I need to describe this thermos. Its not one of those thermoses little kids put in their lunch boxes and take to school. I am talking a truckers Thermos. The stainless steel 7 pound er bad boy of all thermoses. Why did we take that big of a thermos with us? Because it was Arizona and 120 freaking degrees. So anyway back to the story. We stop to get a drink, and I get the thermos and finish all the water. Then my brother decides he wants some. So I hand him the thermos. Mistake one. I didn't tell him I finished it. I thought it would be funny for him to find out the hard way. Well he didn't think it was funny at all. And he yelled at me. So I made fun of what a whiny crybaby he was. I think I was around 14 at the time and he was 9. Mistake 2. So as I was teasing him I didn't even think of the weapon in his hand being the big daddy of thermoses. He obviously did cause he took the cup off the top and hurled it at me. He was maybe, MAYBE 4 feet from me at the time. It hit me directly in the middle of my head between my eyes. And immediately started swelling. I FREAKED out crying and left his ass sitting there and got on my bike and started peddling home before something happened worse then the swelling. Like a brain hemorrhage or something. I was 14. Hmm maybe I did have anxiety before I thought.
 So I get home and by this time I literally have a lump sticking out 4 inches. I run in screaming and crying to my mom, "Tony threw the thermos cup at me and it did THIS!". Being the fair mother she is, she asked why would Tony do something like that? So I told her I finished the water without giving him a drink. To which Mom responds: "Wow sucks to be you right now." Thanks for that Mom.
So there's one story from my childhood that I vividly remember. I am still surprised I don't have a dent in my head from that damn thing. Tony still thinks its funny too. Glad someone does.
Me and Tony got into so many fights, so much trouble together that it would take me ages to write everything down. But he was/is a great little brother. If I promised him money I could get anything out of him. I used to pay him to look at my poop in the toilet just cause I thought it was funny, and I needed a witness to tell people about the epic size of my turds. But I digress.
I think maybe tomorrow nights blog will be about the torture my older brother used to do to me. Ya know HE might be the reason I have anxiety at all. Not really. I love him too. But he was an ass to me. And I am sure Tony thinks I was an ass to him. I think its the childhood school of hard knocks when you have an older sibling.  But that's enough for tonight. Please don't judge me based on my paying for turd viewing. It made me laugh and it made my parents laugh. I wonder if he would do it now....Mellie Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment