Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Life and Times of Julie

Ahhh back to where it all started. In the womb. When I didn't know if this would be a Savannah or a Kayleigh. Where I didn't know a babies cry for food from a babies cry for a change. Back when I thought this Mom thing was a piece of cake. That would change.

Introducing to the world: Julie Elizabeth. What happened to Kayleigh and Savannah you ask? No idea honestly. She just seemed to be a Julie. And the husband liked the name. It was one we agreed on. One thing you should know about Julie is she has good timing. No she didn't come on time at all. She was 11 days late. They tried inducing me twice. Neither time took. Same as she is today, she does everything in her own time. And her timing is never bad.

Here is the sweet princess at about 4 months. She has always been a chunk. But she wears it well I think. At this age I remember her being scared of everything. Overly cautious. Timid at first. She is still that way. But once she gets to know you, you have met a friend for life. She is as loyal as can be. And she has never been mean to someone just for spite. She always is provoked. Which also makes her never wrong. This will become a problem later in life.

Does she look like a grouch? Cause she can be. She really never left my side and still doesn't when I am in her line of vision. I never thought I could be best friends with a baby, but by this point I was.

This is Jules at 1 year old on the day of her baptism. My little Angel. I remember her being a little diva about her hair being done. She would look in the mirror and pat it. Straighten her dress. Walk so daintily to whoever called her over. At a year old I didn't think this was normal. It makes sense to me now. Cause she is still a Diva.

And here she is at 2.  I was 6 months pregnant with her sister when this picture was taken. And she still had all these dreams how she would have a new baby sister to put on a leash and walk and be able to show to everyone. The name she wanted for her new baby sister? Oobi. And I was actually tempted to let her name the new baby too. I think I was just a TAD hormonal.

Ahhh the new baby phase has worn off for our 3 year old Julie by this point. Can ya tell? I am taking this picture and Kenz is crying in the background wanting to be fed. Her expression says it all. "Please Mom send that crying, pooping, puking thing back where you got her from, she is driving me NUTS!" And it would only get worse.

4 years old. A little calmer. A little taller. Way more mature. And now she has to be the dreaded role model for her baby sister. And shes a damn good one too. Granted she still needs her Kenzie breaks weekly when she goes to Grandmas for a night. But other then that she great at the Big Sister role. You could say she was born to do it. I guess in reality she was.

5 years old here. Having a bad hair day.  Actually no its not a bad hair day, by this time Julie has started school and is taking part in crazy hair day. I did her hair like Pippi Longstockings not really thinking that no one in her whole class would have any idea who that was. Including Julie. My first real taste of feeling old came that day.

And here's my latest taste of being old. When you see a pic of your baby girl who you have raised and nurtured for 6 whole years in a cap and gown. Last day of Kindergarten. Where does the time go?  This little girl has brightened my life since the day she was born and she will continue to my whole life. She passed Kindergarten with flying colors. I had no doubts she would. I have no doubts she will do that with every grade. I have high hopes for this one. But no hope higher then that she will grow up to be the woman she always wanted to be with the strength and courage she needs to do it. Oh and maybe that I hope she has a kid just the same perfectionist and whiny butt she is right now. But if she has a kid with half her character and loving spirit, she will be a lucky mommy like me.

"The quickest way to get your child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable."-Source Unknown
Mellie Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment