Friday, June 4, 2010

Random Rantings

I've done a couple sappy, cheesy blogs this week so I think it is time to go back to regular Mel mode. My ranting. Currently my rants have happening more lately.
First rant HAS to be about Walmart. What freakin' idiots.
So here's the back story. Someone ordered us a pool. A nice pool by the way. Last Friday night she ordered it. And she asked how I would like it shipped. Well having just seen a Walmart commercial I decided site to store would be quickest. Because my friends, on the commercial it seems you find what you want online, order it, pay for it, then drive to the store to get it. This is not the case my friends. Misleading advertising if I have ever seen it before. Apparently you order it, pay for it, then wait for it to ship from a walmart warehouse three thousand miles away, to a delivery warehouse, to the store. We ordered it May 29th. On the form it says I should have it on or before June 16th. Seriously?!? 3 weeks to get something you have 25 of in stock at the store RIGHT now? You have my money but I can't have my product? That's about the lamest thing that has ever happened to me in a long time.
And apparently I do not read the fine print of these commercials. And since we placed the order I haven't seen the commercial  again to actually find out if there is fine print to be read.  So not only do I have to wait an ungodly amount of time for the pool, I also have to drive 30+ minutes to go get it. Which I guess is okay in retrospect since I didn't actually pay for the pool. But the rant stands.
My next rant is going to have to be about Friday night television programming. Do these big execs think EVERYONE has a life and isn't home on Friday nights? There is crap to watch on a Friday night. Nothing. I will admit that I am not a huge TV watcher, but I do always have it on the background and I would like to listen to something I haven't seen/heard 500 times before or listen to some prepubescent kid spelling asphyxiation on the National Spelling Bee. I cannot wait till next month when my show starts. At least then I can count on 3 days a week of something that actually interests me. And that would be Big Brother.
Okay, what else do I have? My kids have been wilder then usual the last two days. I think Summeritis has set in. Poor Julie has no idea what to do with herself except follow me around and ask me questions like "Mom why do birds chirp?" or "Momma why don't you clean our room for us so we don't have to?" My personal favorite was today's "Momma why do you ask us if we have worms?"
That's right, I ask if them have worms daily now. Because my grocery bill has doubled since Jules has been out of school. And not only has her appetite grown, but Kenzies has too. I thought hot weather made you less hungry? Not my kids. They want something constantly. And I think its more boredom then anything else. Hopefully when the pool comes and we get it up and ready it will cure some boredom. Even my own I hope.
I have more rants but I am too tired to even type them right now. Boredom has finally wore me down. So goodnight avid blog readers. Mellie Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment