Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Work Starts Now

I realize every time I log on to write this blog that my title really hasn't came into play since I started the blog. When I thought of the name I was in the midst of multiple tornado watches, warnings, major thunderstorms, baseball sized hail, wind advisories and torrential rain.
Welcome to Oklahoma.
Two separate times in 2 weeks I actually had to take the kids down to the basement because of tornado warnings. But that was last month. Now its just hot. I think I will take the hot over the tornado threat. But at any rate the blog title shall remain because I think not only is it a cool name, its kinda morbid and dark. Usually I am not a real morbid dark person but I still think the title is fitting. Maybe just because of my dark sense of humor.
What else is going on in Mellieville? Not alot actually. Cleaned like my life was on the line if I didn't yesterday. All because my Mother-in-Law bought us a recliner at a yard sale. My house is so small that I have to do major rearranging (and cleaning in this case) to make things look like they aren't on top of each other. And I accomplished that, I think. So I am happy. Although I did think my husband was going to kill me and bury my body after we had just drained and moved our 30 gallon fish tank and filled it again when I said "I think I liked it better where it was." If  looks could kill... I was just kidding Hun. Kinda.
So after we accomplished our impromptu beginning of summer cleaning it was time to relax. Apparently that's a concept I can't get behind because every time I sit still and do nothing the mind starts going 100 mph. And then the anxiety gets its fuel. So I had some anxiety last night. Always something health related for me. My anxiety doesn't really mess with my mental stuff. Just my physical being. I am grateful for that.  It could be worse. Because in all honesty when I think I am having a stroke or a brain tumor I usually manage to put dinner on the table, play a game of Candyland and wrestle the girls. That pretty much blows my stroke and brain tumor theories to bits.
I also spoke to a few friends about my anxiety last night. That's always nice to hear from people who "get it". I love to hear their stories and alot of times I am thankful that they sound more crazy then me. Sorry guys but its true. I have all the empathy in the world, but I wouldn't trade places with you.
I think its just time to get back to Miss Positivity 24/7. Obviously its not something you just automatically can make yourself do all the time. You miss one day and your outta the loop. So I am going back to it. And I know a few of my friends have been more anxious then usual here lately too. So I suggest you do the same. And I think I am going to start posting some positive quotes, or stories here at the end of my posts just to get the train rolling.
I will still rant, I will still bitch, I will still make fun of things that strike me as funny. But I will be positive about things regarding me and my life. Because in all reality I have it pretty good. And anxiety is not going to stop me from living the life I can live. That I want to live. That I will live. The works starts now.

"What does crazy means? Crazy means doing something the same way over and over and expecting to get a different result." -Major24 :)

Mellie Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment