Tuesday, June 15, 2010

One day at a time

So its been almost a week since I have blogged. I guess the addiction wavered a little. Honestly I have been fighting some bad anxiety lately and have not felt like doing much of anything. But I think I am well on the road to recovery.
With a little self dialogue and some help from my friends and family I decided to go back on anxiety meds. Not because I can't manage without them, but because I am tired if wasting the energy fighting the anxiety instead of doing things I actually enjoy. Like time with my kids, and keeping a clean house, and blogging.
So here we are day 2 of the new med. Its not so bad honestly. And I think if it gets bad its pretty much just a figment of my imagination. I've been on this med before, its helped me a ton. It will work again like its suppose to. It won't take the anxiety away nor will it even do most of the work. But it will take the edge off and that's what I need right now. A break.
I have to do the work. And I will do the work. And I might go off the meds again. And maybe I won't. I've learned the easiest way to make God laugh is to make plans. So I am not even going to go there. One day at a time is all I can do right now.
So feeling better, not great at this point. But I will get there. Now for more positive news.
My family was blessed with a new pool to enjoy. And enjoy it we have been doing. The girls love it. And they ask constantly to go swimming. Honestly its a great way for us all to hang out together, or even hang out with one of the kids one on one. Just tonight me and Jules swam for a couple hours and had a blast. She had me all to herself so she was on top of the world.
Shes also learning to swim really really well. And honestly is impressing me. I hate to admit this publicly but I am learning how to swim in it also. That's right I don't know how to swim. Or I didn't. But I think by the end of the summer I might have a good enough grasp on it that I could save someone. At the very least right now I can save myself.
Other then that no real new news on the home front. I am thinking up blog topics daily, but running a little dry on ideas lately. So if you have an idea let me know somehow. Feel free to leave a comment. I'll be back to blogging regularly soon. Mellie Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment