Monday, June 7, 2010

The Life and Times of Kenzie

This is the beginning of the story of Kenzie. This is Kenzie inside me. Even then she was wild. To this day I cannot cough or run or jump without peeing a little. And that is because she loved my bladder as a soccer ball.

This is Kenzie an hour after coming into the world.  Looks so peaceful. A little known fact about Kenzie is that she will always be on time. She came on her exact due date. And she does things as fast as she wants to. I didn't even really push to get her out. Impatient much?

Here is Kenz 3 months later. Still as impatient as when she came into the world but a lil louder with her demands by now. I see her personality growing already here. She already knows how to get a laugh.

Here she is at 6 months old. Look at the smile. That smile will get her anything she wants. Still does. And she is still a ham for the camera. At this age she didn't really cry unless she was hungry or trying to get a poop out. Now you know why I wonder daily if Kenzie pooped. Cause right around this age it started getting hard for her to get her poopies out. Dairy does not like her.

Fast forward 6 months. This is Kenz on her first birthday. What a beauty. What a determined little girl in everything she does. Doesn't take no as an answer and doesn't care who she embarrasses to get her feelings out. Wild? Hell yea.  Would I change her? Hell no.

May I present Miss Kenzie Doris at 2 years old. Hater of clothes. Lover of accessories. A year later some things still haven't changed. She will put on socks and wear them all day, even add a scarf. But never NEVER a shirt or pants. I foresee her joining a nudist colony. I truly do.

And last but certainly not least Kenzie present day. (Well actually like a week ago) Still a control freak. Still wild. Still really hates clothes. But I told her if she doesn't cover her bootie when shes outside the cops will come. Yea I lie. It works. Don't judge me.

Still one of the two most perfect things I have ever done with my life. No regrets at all about either of them. There are days they drive me insane. What parent doesn't have those days? But they make up for them when they make me laugh or outta the blue tell me they love me.  I will be doing a "Through the years" blog for Julie when I can get the pics together. I have had a few computer crashes since she was born, so the pics aren't as available. But I will get it done.
In closing this particular post was meant to be about reasons why I get up and face the world. Kenzie is one of many. One of the top might I add. And when life me gets me down I know I can ask Kenzie to dance like a monkey and shake her butt to make me laugh. Then nothing seems as bad as it was. Kids are great like that.
"Parenting is never easy, and if someone ever tells you it is, they aren't doing it right."-Anonymous
Mellie Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment