Saturday, May 22, 2010

Productiveness is Overrated

Ahhh Saturday. Day of rest. Day of fun. Day of laziness. Not my Saturday. Turned out to be a "day of how much Mel can stand on her feet and work her ass off till she can't take it anymore". And those people who say "Aww well you had a productive day! That's a good thing!" Umm no. Its not. I could have had a non productive day and sat on my ass and been just as happy. Did I get things accomplished? Sure. Am I glad I did it? Eh.
So what did I do today? Well in true Mellie fashion I opened my mouth and volunteered myself for a job that no one should really ever take on. I volunteered to clean my mother-in-laws basement. Now normally it's not something I would ever even think of. But because of the frequency of tornadic storms and the nature of freak outs that my girls have when we get these storms I thought it would be a good idea. The last time we went down there we were practically standing on top of each other. And that was without the husband even coming down. So I can't imagine actually being stuck down in the basement with the husband AND the mother-in-law with 2 kids freaking out all on top of me. PASS! So I did it. Now I can not only see the floor, but there are now places to sit. So YAY for that.
So I get the basement done. (Not by any means completely cleaned out btw) Then my husband needs me to help him work on the mother-in-laws van. No, he didn't make me get under the vehicle and connect hoses and empty gas. I think he more or less wanted the company. Typically I am ok with that. But I spent 4 hours in the sun yesterday and am literally sun burned from head to toe. So for me to sit outside in the sun handing him tools and turning the vehicle on and off was cruel and unusual punishment. Oh well, he was out there for the greater good, so I should have been too I suppose.
Oh I forgot the first part of my day. I wake up to my 3 year old telling me "Momma, Julie got frewed up on the toys." To which I thought "Sure she did Kenz."
Sadly Kenz was right. Julie gets up and proceeds to puke her guts out 3 or 4 times. Then in true kid form shes absolutely fine. I wish I had kids resiliency still. Puke and Go. Break something and move on. Poop my pants then head out for dinner. So its looking like tomorrow I am cleaning out their bedroom. Hopefully alone. Cause I know how it will go with their help. "Nooo Mom I wanna keep that!" "Nooo Mom we still use that!" "Nooo Mom its not broken that's how we like it!" Nope not happening. I am aiming to clear that room out. If they have toys left I will be surprised. Well they will have some left just not the ones that make noise or kill your feet when you step on them. We'll see. I may not wake up that motivated. But you are my witness. Right now my intentions are good and note worthy.
So yea in a nutshell that was my day. Its 8:30pm right now and I am dreaming about a hot bath and a lil Internet time and a good sleep in a cool room. Scratch that hot bath part. I am going for a cool bath. Sun burn remember? So I will attempt to let you know how it all goes tomorrow. I also foresee a lil playing in the pool with my girls tomorrow. That is a for sure thing. They will make sure of that. Sun screen WILL be used tomorrow. I have learned my lesson of the evil suns ways. Mellie Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment