Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Getting Old I Suppose...

So tonight I am sitting in the comfort of my own home watching the American Idol finale. In past years I have waited with bated breath to see these things. I've rearranged family obligations just to sit and watch these kinds of things. And the more I watch the older I feel. The thrill is gone. Do I really care if some person gets a recording contract worth a million dollars? Do I care this is Simons last season? Do I care that all the old Idol winners came back to tell Simon goodbye? Nope not really.
  Whats going through my head while I am watching is "I bet the girls really would enjoy playing outside since they didn't get to go outside all day." Or "Man I should really get up and do those dishes before all that crap sticks to the plates and its a pain to get off tomorrow." And my personal favorite- "Has Kenz pooped today?" My how our priorities change the older we get.
 So we did indeed go outside to play. And had we not I would have never seen Kenzie ride her tricycle unassisted without so much as a push from me to make it up the hill on the driveway. Wow. That excited me more then 10 season finales could ever do. And I am glad I did miss AI to see that. No regrets for sure.
 I also find myself becoming bored with certain young people. Yea I went through the dating trials and tribulations. Yea I went back and forth on whether someone liked me or wanted to kiss me and so on. But now that I am 9+ years into marriage it doesn't interest me as much. So as I sit back stifling my yawns when certain people are going on and on about their dating lives the only thing that comes to mind is THANK GOD THAT'S OVER FOR ME! And when they ask you what you would do to know if someone likes them or not and you say "ummm ask them?" and you get a huge sigh and "Yea that's not happening Mel" you now know you have hopped on the elderly train. Apparently it is completely against the dating code to be logical about things. When you want to know something by all means DO NOT ask about them. Apparently you are suppose to beat around the bush and trick them into telling you what you want to hear. Have at it my friends. Apparently I am so old now in my 28th year that I no longer have the chase left in me. And looking back I am not entirely sure I ever did. But I can't look back to far as the memory seems to be going the older I get too. Yes my friends I am practically in Alzheimer's country. 
 I guess the moral of my story tonight is when you look back at life you want to be able to say "I don't regret doing that".  I think its impossible not to have any regrets in life. But the fewer you can possibly make yourself have, I honestly believe the smoother your life will be.  My latest regret is not drinking enough water. It made my time on the toilet that much harder. Literally. Oh and btw guys I feel a real poop blog coming soon. Possibly tomorrow if I can work one up. Get it? Work one up! Ahhh I kill myself sometimes. OK you fine folks, time to relax. Mellie Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment