Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Some good old randomness

As I sit her watching The Golden Girls and eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I find myself wondering what I should blog about. I decided to go into it with no agenda. So whatever pops into my head you get tonight.
 Firstly Jules lost her 4th tooth tonight. About 10 minutes ago actually. After sitting here and watching her push and pull and tug on it for an hour. So now its ready for the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy... who thought of that idea? And why do expect kids to be okay with someone sneaking into their rooms and feeling under their pillows in the dark for their castoff teeth. What a weird tradition. Its all about the money I guess.
 Speaking of money we are broke as usual. I must say being broke for the majority of my marriage has made me appreciate things alot more. I guess when I lived at home I just thought bills were magically paid and food just appeared in the fridge. Ahhh if only it were that way.
 Lots of things change when you're married. When your single you don't have to worry about any ones feelings but your own. Don't have to tell anyone where your going and why your going there. Money wasn't an issue cause if all else failed you could go home to eat where the food magically appeared.
Now fast forward to marriage where you now have children and you have to plan where your going, how much its going to cost, how many diapers and changes of clothes you are going to need, and if making the damn trip is even worth the effort. In all honestly, usually it isn't. And when your low on money when you're married you have to figure out creative ways to stretch food and when all else fails suck it up and go ask the parents for a loan.
 Lots of people know about me that certain things really get my goat. One of them being messing with my family ESPECIALLY my kids. Another thing is bragging about what you have over and over again. I can appreciate something you tell me about once, but when you tell me over and over again about it you just rubbing it in my face then. And the third thing is whining to me about things you damn well could have prevented from happening.
 For example a college student I know says on her Facebook status "Just bought new designer shoes" then an hour later "Ugh I have to eat Ramen now cause I am broke!" Hey dumb ass... do you THINK this could have been prevented? I mean seriously that's like me telling you "Hey I just won 1 million dollars in the lottery then I wiped my ass with the ticket and flushed it!" OK not the same thing at all but you catch my drift. Its annoying.  College students aren't the only ones who do this either. I know many mature adults older then me that do it. I can't mention any names tho as one I might be related too.
Speaking of relatives, Memorial Day is creeping up on us. The official/non official start of summer. And family is coming down. Yea that's all I got from that thought.
Well if its that hard to come up with thoughts I might as well call this the end of this post. So I will be thinking of some kinda theme for tomorrows post. I just need to consult with my peeps. They know who they are. So goodnight readers! Hope this one random post didn't drive you away forever. It will get better. (I hope) Mellie Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment